The staff of Pruzhany district health care system consists of 109 physicians, including 2 pharmacists, 10 dentists and 590 paramedics. Pruzhany district health care system consists of:
- Pruzhany Central District Hospital (bed capacity is 360, 459 visits per shift);
- Ruzhany District Hospital (bed capacity is 75, 122 visits per shift);
- Shereshevo Hospital (bed capacity is 40, 106 visits per shift).
The ambulatory care is offered in 28 specialties.
Besides, medical care is provided by Sukhopol Nursing Care Hospital (bed capacity is 25), Novye Zasimovichi Primary Care Clinic, Linovo Primary Care Clinic, Lyskovo Primary Care Clinic, Khoreva Primary Care Clinic, Novoselkovskaya Clinic, Klepachi Clinic and 34 First Aid Stations.
We have implemented the following diagnostic and treatment methods within the last two years:
- (intramedullary) Osteosynthesis of a double fracture of the tibia with a dislocation (with pins);
- Osteosynthesis of a fracture of the proximal humerus (with plates);
- Unipolar or bipolar prosthesis of medial fractures of the femoral neck;
- Laparoscopic drainage of the abdominal cavity (we have carried out 17 laparoscopic cholecystectomies);
- Thromboembolectomy of distal vessels;
- Tests for high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol with a view to assessing the risk of myocardial infarction;
- Tests for troponin, myoglobin and creatine kinase with a view to detecting coronary heart disease and assessing the risk of myocardial infarction;
- Test for glycated hemoglobin with a view to monitoring the compensation of diabetes mellitus;
- Placement of removable partial dentures;
- Filling of root canals with fiber-glass posts;
- Combined magnetic laser hemotherapy for discirculatory encephalopathy and acute cerebrovascular accidents (using Rodnik-1 device);
- Treatment of the vascular diseases of the lower extremities with a low-intensity laser irradiation (using Rikta device, DUSH-1 handpiece);
- Use of a superficial magnetic laser irradiation of veins (Refton device) and magnetic therapy of the liver region with a view to improving a patient’s general health condition and to stimulating a patient’s immunity;
- Manual double filtration plasmapheresis;
- Laparoscopic surgery.
- The improvement of health and promotion of a healthy lifestyle among population is the key goal of the social policy of the Republic of Belarus. To achieve the goal, the government develops and implements numerous national programs on demographic safety, revival of villages and towns.