Department of Trauma Surgery
The department of trauma surgery was opened in 2009. It is located on the first floor of the surgery facility of Pruzhany Central District Hospital. The capacity of the department is 25 beds.
The specialists of the department offer 24/7 medical care. They admit the patients with the injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system, brain injuries, burns and freezing injuries.
There is the nurses station, wound dressing room, plaster room, procedure room and wards in the department of trauma surgery. The wards comply with the sanitation and hygiene standards. There is a separate surgery block for orthopedic and trauma surgery in the surgery unit. The surgery unit has an orthopedic table, electrocoagulator, EO converter, modern sources of light; tools for standard stable osteosynthesis, for extrafocal compression and distraction osteosynthesis , for minimally invasive surgery (DHS osteosynthesis, intramedullary blocked osteosynthesis of the tibia and femur, gamma-nail osteosynthesis).
- over 700 orthopedic, trauma and neurosurgeries;
- over 1000 patient treated.
- Staff room: (016 32) 2-14-87
- Nurses station: (016 32) 2-31-49
Surgery and manipulations:
- surgical treatment of various fractures with implanted anchors, posts (interlocking), plates (including compression, blocked and limited-contact plates);
- extrafocal osteosynthesis of open and compound fractures using external fixation devices (Ilizarov device);
- total, bipolar and unipolar hip replacement surgery with cement-retained implants (Altimed, W. Link) in case of fractures and false joints of the femoral neck;
- surgery for a chronic bursotomy, Dupuytren's contracture;
- removal of metal structures;
- resection and osteoplastic craniotomy for brain injuries;
- corrective surgery for flat feet and of axe-shape deformation of the toes (Hallux valgus);
- intra-articular and para-articular blocks, intra-articular injection of hyaluronic acid.
The highly-qualified, diligent and attentive staff cares for each patient.
Chief of the Department
Higher qualification category trauma surgeon and orthopedist
Ivan N. Pochinchik
Higher qualification nurse
Irina N. Sheiko
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
Before visiting, please, take off your outer clothing, put on a gown and shoe guards.
You may visit patients
- on working days from 5.00PM to 7.00PM;
- on weekends and public holidays from 11.00AM to 1.00PM, from 5.00PM to 7.00PM.